The Hurricane Warning has been extended to the north and east in North Carolina, according to the 11 a.m. ET advisory for Hurricane Dorian from the National Hurricane Center.
The warning stretches up to the North Carolina/Virginia border, including the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.
Northeast Florida and the Carolinas should “remain vigilant” to the possibility of destructive winds, flooding, a life-threatening storm surges from Dorian, the NHC said.
Here is a summary of watches and warnings in effect for the storm:
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for:
- North of Savannah River to the North Carolina/Virginia border
- Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for:
- North of Ponte Vedra Beach FL to Savannah River
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for:
- Volusia/Brevard County FL line to Savannah River
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for:
- The North Carolina/Virginia border to Chincoteague VA
- Chesapeake Bay from Smith Point southward
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for:
- North of Port Canaveral FL to the North Carolina/Virginia border
- Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
- Neuse and Pamlico Rivers
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for:
- North Carolina/Virginia border to Poquoson VA, including Hampton